7.20.2013

Cincy

so although the Cincinnati trip was a little more than 48 hours, husband and I managed to pack in many entertaining and quite hilarious adventures and observations. a few examples to follow:
sophias
as we were walking back to our car after a delicious lunch at Sohpia's on Main St in downtown Cincinnati, it happened to be a busy lunch hour. being that Sophia’s is so close to the court house, we happened to be surrounded by men in suits and women in their finest court attire. At one corner as we waited for the ‘WALK’ to give us the go-ahead to cross, we stood beside one of the suit-clad men. then, out of nowhere a lovely gentleman on a bicycle comes speeding past us and yells at the man in a suit “you look like one of my lawyers!” in which the man in the suit tensed up and spun around to see.. maybe in fact it was one of his clients or maybe all men in suits look alike to the man on the bike. nevertheless, it was a comical moment as husband and I looked at each other thinking to ourselves… does the man on the bicycle have more than one lawyer? I wonder why he needs/needed a lawyer? Does the man in the suit get that comment often?

cut to our trip to the ever so lovely Wal-Mart. as we pulled onto our very first street in Cincinnati the memory card in my camera flashed “NO MEMORY AVAILABLE” you see, this memory card was one I purchased back in 2005 and holds and entire 256MB of memory. and I’m pretty sure I paid $50 for it at the time. since I didn’t bring my laptop for a quick 2 day trip we ventured to Wal-Mart to purchase another memory card. the new memory card was $19.95 and holds 16GB of memory. holy pictures batman – over 2200 pictures on my camera. I was ready to go.
except I wasn’t. you see, these awesome memory cards happened to be on a locked pegboard hook
lock
so our $19.95 memory card would have to wait until we found an associate to unlock it for us. so off to the electronics counter I went – when I happened upon an associate who seemed ever so happy to be at work yeah right she was pissed so I politely asked if there was someone available to unlock the card to which she replied that I needed to step back and wait. she was the only one here and she needed to deal with this other stuff first. um.. okay. a “just a minute, let me finish this up and I will be right with you” would’ve sufficed. but nevertheless I stood there. and stood there. we’re talking 20 minutes at this point. finally I thought my salvation had come – not one but TWO other associates came to the counter. as I made eye contact with one to ask for help he immediately turned and got the hell outta dodge. the other was talking on her walkie talkie like it was going outta style.
being the amazing husband he is, Josh took it into his own hands – as I went with him he advised me to give him my “knife” – I use the term knife loosely because in my case, it’s one of those pink little doohickeys you keep on your keychain with the nail file and clippers along with a knife about 1inch at best. I laughed but handed it to him – in which he proceeded to cut the cardboard packaging, just the top portion that was hanging on the locked hook – then we skipped happily to the front check out counter and 45 minutes after we arrived, purchased a new SD card for my camera with jacked up packaging and a Pepsi and Mt Dew. winning.

there’s plenty more where that came from but we just had the biggest harvest of the season yet from our garden so it’s time to make 16 loaves of zucchini bread and some salsa. wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment