7.21.2013

today…

…I woke up today
…had to stand in the kitchen for hours while cooking and canning and pickling and boiling and cleaning
…ate only one meal. because I forgot to eat.
…missed my sunday night television shows because I was busy cleaning vegetables
…I left a load of laundry in the washer too long and had to rewash the clothes
and yet…
…I am thankful I was able to wake up again on this rainy day
…I am thankful I was able to stand for hours because it means my legs are able, and I am thankful our garden is bountiful enough to need to pickle and can and make salsa out of all of our veggies
…I am thankful I don’t have to worry where my next meal is coming from. and even if I do forget to eat, there is plenty to snack on in the pantry
…I am thankful that even though I had to miss my shows, I am able to have the luxury of cable
…I am thankful that I have laundry to wash because it’s dirty clothes from our vacation.

today I am just thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment