7.29.2013

truth on a monday.

the truth is::

-I’d love to have one weekend where I didn’t have to work up some vegetables. squash. zucchini. tomatoes. jalapenos. banana peppers. habaneros. green peppers. corn. it never ends. I love gardening but holy vegetables batman! this year’s crop has ben cray. [come this winter when I want a nice hearty vegetable soup, my tummy will me thanking me for all of this summer hard work. I just know it]

-this weekend I drank way too many cups of coffee. way to late at night. which made for a lot of weird dreams.

-we moved our guest bed mattress into the master bedroom and the master bed mattress over to the guest room on saturday. that night’s sleep was amazing! the pillow top was such a dream. like sleeping on clouds. why didn’t we do this sooner?

-I am obsessed. obsessed. with the Wild Fern candle from Hobby Lobby. It is such a clean, refreshing aroma – not fern-like at all. I’ve gone through 5 since January. and the best part is they go 1/2 price every other week. score.

-my cat is the most loving, fluffy, dog-like cat I’ve ever met. he plays fetch. comes when called. and love any attention you want to give him. he is always looking out the window when I pull into the driveway after work and jumps down from his table to greet me at the door. he’s the best.

-I need/want a new couch. ours has been through hell and back. children spilling who knows what on it (not our children, we used to babysit a lot). it has had 2 different support beams on the bottom collapse, which led us to ripping the cloth off and nailing the boards back in. the cushions you sit on are flat and we didn’t know how to buy a good piece of furniture when we bought our couch (the very first piece of furniture we ever bought). it’s all wrong.

-on saturday night, husband and I started to head out to dinner – I needed to put on my rings. see, I am one of those people who are unnecessarily scared about damaging/losing/messing up my important jewelry [important being: engagement ring, wedding band, and right hand ring he bought me] – so anytime I’m doing yard work, cleaning, cooking, sleeping, showering basically anything around the house I take my rings off and place them in my jewelry box – they weren’t there. they were NO WHERE to be found. I’m telling you I looked in every single place I had ever set my rings – bathroom cabinet while I’m washing my face in the morning, master bedroom where I normally keep my rings, guest room where I keep my clothes and other costume jewelry. I searched through my make-up bag, I dumped out my entire bag of 100+ nail polishes from where I had painted my nails earlier in the day to see if I had dropped them in there. I checked the pizza box that had leftovers in the fridge from Friday night. I thought I had lost my mind. then as I was laying down on my stomach to check under the ottoman, I remembered!!!   the medicine cabinet in the kitchen. earlier in the day husband had said for us to run down to the garden and see what all we had before the rain came in so I placed my rings in there for “safe keeping” and forgot all about it…. where is my mind going??

maxycat

No comments:

Post a Comment